Gas is a common commodity used on residential and commercial properties across Australia. It is a reliable fuel source that is readily available, affordable and convenient. However, when there is any leakage in the pipelines that carry the gas or the appliances that use gas, it can create a hazardous situation. Aleak is a very severe problem that needs to be addressed without delay. For these issues are you need the services of licensed gas fitters like the ones at our company.
We at Doctor Drain South Melbourne, have years of experience under a belt and offer high-quality plumbing solutions including gas leak detection, gas leak repair and more. No matter what kind of problem you are facing on your commercial or residential property, we are here to help. It is necessary to understand that gas installations have to be done systematically by licensed professionals.
Professional Gas Leak detection
Hiring inexperienced and unlicensed operators will only increase the risk of leakages on your property. This can endanger your life and cause damage to various features on your property in case there is a fire breakout. As a property owner, it is your responsibility to ensure that licensed gas fitters install the gas appliances and fixtures in South Melbourne.
Experience operators used the latest gas leak detection equipment in their work which helps them pinpoint the correct location of the leakage, and they can provide accurate solutions to fix the problem.
Different Types of Gas Leakages
Depending on the types of gas installations and fixtures that you have in your home or office, there is a range of gas leakage problems that can crop up, such as:
- In the case of gas appliances, there could be a leak through the knobs, gas piping, joints and more.
- If you have gas pipes leading to the water heater on your property, those pipes can also develop leakages over time.
- Space heaters that run on gas are another problem point. The joints can begin to leak, or cracks that develop due to damage may also cause leakages.
Regardless of the type of gas leakage on your property, you must be aware of the signs. The timely intervention will help to ensure that the problem is contained and that you do not have to deal with the hazardous situation on your property.
Signs That You Have a Gas Leak
In addition to being a fire risk, gas leakages also affect the health of the people on the premises. Some of the common signs of gas leaks include:
- You can smell the gas in the kitchen or other areas of your house.
- You hear a hissing sound when there is a gas leak in some of the pipes.
- The pipes leading to the installation are cold to the touch because of the drop in pressure within them.
- You notice that the plants in your landscaping have begun to dry up.
If you have noticed any of these signs on your property, you must contact licensed gas fitters like us. For information about unblocking drains and our other services, feel free to contact Dr Drain South Melbourne at 03 8779 2538 or send us your queries through the Online Form on this page, and one of our experts will contact you shortly. You can also book an appointment here.